Enjoy these irresistible Crispy Chicken Sliders that are infused with Asian-Inspired flavors. The perfect appetizer for your own night in, or for potlucks and dinner parties!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Welcome to Day 7 of my Ramadan Series! If any of you are a fan of super crispy chicken sliders, then you’re in for a treat. This recipe incorporates Asian flavors that goes so well with this bite-sized sandwich appetizers, you’ll be amazed!
These delicious mini burgers also make as great game day or dinner party food! When our family comes over to watch basketball with my husband, the sliders go away so quickly, it’s like a vanishing act.
Crispy Chicken Sliders
The crispy chicken patty is so full of flavor because of the savory marinade and seasoned flour that it’s dredged in. Once its fried, the patty is served between toasted slider buns, some pickled carrots and shallots, and a creamy bang bang sauce.
I absolutely love the addition of pickled carrots and shallots, not only for the crunch and slightly tangy flavor that it gives, but also for the beautiful colors! And the mouthwatering bang bang sauce completely ties everything together.
Notes for Asian-Inspired Crispy Chicken Sliders
- Chicken thigh or breast: I used chicken thighs for this but you can use chicken breast too.
- Chicken cooking time: Depending on how small your chicken is, cooking time differs. Mine took 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Ice water bath: This might be a new technique for some of you, but trust me, it gives you super crispy chicken! By dipping the chicken in the ice water bath between coats of batter, the chicken absorbs and grabs on to the flour better. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes after the final coating before frying. You will end up with a crunchy crust on your chicken. I’ve used this technique in my Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger and Ayam Geprek (Smashed Fried Chicken) recipes.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Fried King Oyster Mushroom Bites (Vegan)
- Easy Crispy Crab Rangoon
- Eggless Crispy Fried Zucchini (Vegan)
- Savory Ramen Pancake (Eggless & Vegan-Friendly)
- Cheesy Air Fried Potato Wedges
Asian-Inspired Crispy Chicken Sliders
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sugar
Pickled Carrots and Shallots
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1-2 shallots sliced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup rice vinegar/apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 8 slider buns
- green onions optional – julienned
- gochugaru optional
Pickled Carrots and Shallots
- Mix water, vinegar and sugar and pour into two separate jars.
- Add carrots and shallots into each of the jars and keep it in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight before eating.
Crispy Fried Chicken
- Marinate the chicken with the seasonings listed for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the seasoned flour until well combined and prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Dip the marinated chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip the chicken in cold water, careful not to rub off the flour coat.
- After lifting the chicken out of the water, wait for 10 seconds before putting it back into the dry mix so the water does not drip into the seasoned flour.
- Dredge the chicken again, making sure every inch is coated. Shake off excess.
- Heat up oil over medium heat and fry the chicken until cooked and golden brown. Let the chicken rest on a cooling rack before assembling.
- Heat up a frying pan over medium low heat with some oil and toast the buns for 1-2 minutes (inside side down).
Bang Bang Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Spread some sauce on the inside of the bottom part of the slider bun, place a piece of chicken on top. Optional step: add some Gochugaru for extra heat and flavor,
- Squeeze some sauce on top of the chicken and add the pickled carrots and shallots. Optional step: add slices of green onions.
- Spread some sauce on the inside of the top part of the slider bun and put it on top of your slider. Serve and enjoy!