Bread roll-ups are a great way to transform your stale close-to-expiry bread into a delicious treat. I am obsessed with these Cheesy Garlic Bread Roll-Ups, and they make for a great appetizer or snack! It’s also super easy to customize them based on what you’re craving for at the moment.
There are plenty of variations that people have come up with which are super interesting to see! I’ve seen versions of french toast, ham and cheese, and even some sushi rolls! (Honestly, being on the food side of the internet really shows you how creative people can be.)
Naturally, being the garlic enthusiast that I am, garlic bread is the customary choice to go for when making a bread roll-up recipe. And to elevate it even more, add cheese! Because of course, cheese makes everything better.
The crunch, the garlic flavor, the cheese pull – it all adds up to a scrumptious snack. 😉
Here are a few more recipes with bread:
- Hong Kong Style French Toast (Sai Do Si)
- Crispy Tuna Pockets
- Chili Oil Cheese Bread
- Mini Crab Rangoon Pizza
Cheesy Garlic Bread Roll-Ups
- 2 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick salted butter see notes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley finely minced
- 10 slices plain white bread
- 10 mozzarella cheese stick see notes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and cut 1/4 inch inch off the top of the garlic head.
- Place garlic on a foil and drizzle the olive oil all over. Cover completely with foil. Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter in microwave and while hot, season with sugar, pepper, roasted garlic and parsley (see notes). Mash the garlic and mix well.
- Cut off the crust of the bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
- Place 1 cheese stick on the end of the flattened bread and roll it up. Seal it with the garlic butter. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Dip the rollup in the garlic butter and pan fry over medium heat for 40 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve and brush on more of the garlic butter. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Leave a Reply