This easy Chili Garlic Silken Tofu only takes 10 minutes to make! Healthy silken tofu infused with Korean-inspired flavors for a comforting meal.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Cold Silken Tofu
This Korean-inspired cold silken tofu recipe only requires a few ingredients, such as garlic, soy sauce, green onions, gochugaru and sesame oil. It is so easy to prepare, it only takes 10 minutes! On top of being simple and effortless, it’s also a healthy recipe that’s so delicious you have to add this to the books (or bookmark tabs!). But this recipe comes with a slight twist.
Traditionally, the Korean cold tofu dish does not use hot neutral oil to pour over the sauce mixture. However, I don’t favor the taste of raw garlic as much, so this step helps to combat that. But either way, this scrumptious dish will coat your taste buds with savory flavors. Pair this up with some white rice for a quick and comforting meal!
Notes for Chili Garlic Silken Tofu
- Hot neutral oil – The traditional Korean cold tofu does not use hot neutral oil. I added this step to lessen the strong taste of the raw garlic.
- Optional: Steam tofu – If you don’t like cold silken tofu, you can steam the tofu for 10 minutes before pouring the sauce over the tofu.
- Amount of tofu preference – My husband prefers a smaller amount of tofu to sauce ratio. If you’re like him, you can also slice the tofu in half horizontally and serve only half the amount of tofu at a time.
Here are more Korean recipes:
- Meat-Free Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Stew)
- Crispy Kimchi Pancake (Kimchijeon)
- Korean Fire Chicken with Cheese (Cheese Buldak)
- Kimchi Fried Rice
Chili Garlic Silken Tofu
- Heat up neutral oil.
- To a bowl, add minced garlic, 3/4 of the green onions, sugar and gochugaru.
- Pour in the hot neutral oil into the bowl and stir.
- Add light soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir.
- On a serving plate, add the silken tofu that has been drained of the water.
- Pour the sauce all over the silken tofu and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!