Chili oil fried eggs. The easiest (and best) way to eat your eggs with just 2 ingredients. Perfect with white rice!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Welcome to Day 1 of Recipes With Chili Oil.
One of the easiest dishes that I’ll make with my Homemade Chili Oil is Chili Oil Eggs. Especially right after I’ve just finished making a fresh batch of chili oil. I would be so impatient at wanting to eat it right away, that this dish becomes the perfect solution because it only takes 5 minutes!
In a pan, add a little bit of chili oil, 2 eggs, some salt, and voila! *chefs kiss* A masterpiece. And although it’s super simple, have this together with some hot white rice for the perfect comforting meal.
Stay tuned for more recipes that I have in store for the Recipes With Chili Oil Series.
Notes for Chili Oil Fried Eggs
- Chili oil: I used my homemade chili oil. But I recommend the one by Lao Gan Ma if you’re looking for a store bought option.
- Amount of heat: The amount of chili oil used should be up to preference.
- Length of time to cook: The time to cook the eggs should be based on how you like your yolk. The suggested directions above is for a runny yolk.
Chili Oil Fried Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chili oil
- 1 pinch salt
- To a pan on medium low heat, add 1 tbsp of chili oil.
- Once it starts to sizzle, crack two eggs into the pan.
- Season with salt and add more chili oil on top of the eggs.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan for another 30-60 seconds for the egg to finish cooking.
- Turn off heat and serve with rice. Enjoy!