This Creamy Miso Noodle Soup is full of flavor and super quick to make. In just 15 minutes, you get an aromatic bowl that’s savory and nourishing. Perfect for busy days or when you want something fast and good.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
A Bowl Of Speedy Comfort
There’s something extremely comforting about diving into a bowl of noodle soup. It’s warm, filling, and delectable down to the last drop of soup.
And because I have much love for it, I’m always trying to find ways to simplify the process of making them. So here’s an easier version of my 20-Minute Spicy Creamy Miso Ramen (Vegan).
Easy Lunch Or Dinner Recipe
And the best part is that this creamy miso noodle soup can be on your table within just 15 minutes! It makes for the perfect remedy during those sudden cravings, or chilly evenings when you need a quick and hearty pick-me-up.
Related: Here’s another quick noodle soup recipe for you to try: Garlic Miso Noodle Soup (15 Minutes)
Easy Creamy Miso Noodle Soup
The creamy broth is rich and flavorful because of ingredients like garlic, green onions, mushroom or chicken bouillon, soy sauce, and milk. But with the infusion of miso paste to the mix, there’s an added deep umami taste to savor.
With any bowl of noodle soup, I love to top it off with some jammy eggs. But you can customize it with your choice of protein or veggies.
It’s also nice to pair it up with some nori sheets (aka seaweed).
ingredients you’ll need
(For full ingredient measurements, please proceed to the recipe card below.)
- Green onions (white part)
- Hot neutral oil
- Mushroom/chicken bouillon: You can use paste or powder.
- Soy sauce
- Hot milk
- Miso paste: I used red miso paste, but it has a strong taste which might not be to your preference. Feel free to use milder versions like yellow or white miso.
- Hard boiled/jammy egg: Here’s my recipe for jammy ramen eggs.
- Green onions (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
how to make easy creamy miso noodle soup
- Prepare Noodles: Boil noodles until cooked and drain. Set aside for later.
- Create Oil Mixture: In a bowl, add minced garlic, diced green onions (the white part), gochugaru and sugar. Heat up neutral oil until it’s smoking then pour hot oil over the ingredients and stir.
- Add Broth Ingredients: Add mushroom/chicken bouillon paste or powder and light soy sauce. Heat up milk and pour into the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Mix In Miso & Lime: Add miso paste and stir until dissolves. Lastly, add lime juice and stir.
- Serve & Garnish: Add noodles and toppings of your choice (I used egg, green onions and sesame seed). Enjoy!
notes for easy creamy miso noodle soup
- Seasonings: Please adjust seasonings to taste.
- Sauté option: Alternatively, you can definitely cook this over a stovetop instead. Just sauté the garlic, green onions, gochugaru and sugar in a little bit of oil for 30-60 seconds over medium heat. Add the the rest of the ingredients and stir before pouring in milk. Once it starts simmering, turn off heat and add the miso paste and stir until it dissolves. Finish it off with the lime juice.
- Maintain probiotics in miso paste: Make sure to add miso paste into hot and not boiling water or it will kill the probiotic in the paste and getting rid of the health benefits that miso offers.
- Sieving bits of soybean: I added the miso paste into a sieve and lowered that into the hot water and stirred. This way of dissolving the miso paste prevents the bits of soybean from the miso paste to be added to the broth/soup. If you don’t mind it, feel free to just add the miso paste directly into the hot water.
- Mason jar packed lunch option: For mason jar noodle soup packed lunch, make the spicy garlic mixture then add all the other ingredients including cooked noodles and except for the hot milk. Once you’re ready to eat, just pour in hot milk and shake/stir.
More Quick Noodle Recipes
- Garlic Miso Noodle Soup (15 Minutes)
- Creamy Tom Yum Udon (20 minutes)
- 10-minute Spicy Cheesy Udon
- Creamy Curry Udon
- 10-minute Chili Oil Instant Ramen
Creamy Miso Noodle Soup
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp green onions diced (white part)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp gochugaru
- 1.5 tbsp hot neutral oil
- 1 tsp mushroom/chicken bouillon paste or powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1.5 cup hot milk
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 serving noodles
- hard boiled/jammy egg
- green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Boil noodles until cooked and drain. Set aside for later.
- In a bowl, add minced garlic, diced green onions (the white part), gochugaru and sugar. Heat up neutral oil until it's smoking then pour hot oil over the ingredients and stir.
- Add mushroom/chicken bouillon paste or powder and light soy sauce. Heat up milk and pour into the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add miso paste and stir until dissolves. Lastly, add lime juice and stir.
- Add noodles and toppings of your choice (I used egg, green onions and sesame seed). Enjoy!