Have no fear, this decadent caramel custard is here! It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and it’s a great option to bring for potluck too!
When my mom brings this out at a family gathering it will be gone in minutes. Everyone will fight their way in line just to secure a piece. It’s light, silky and sweet; honestly, a heavenly treat!
Pssst. Here are some other desserts to try out:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk see notes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a sauce pan, add water and sugar for the caramel sauce. Mix well so the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat on medium and heat up the mixture occasionally stirring. Once the sauce starts bubbling, turn off the heat after 15 seconds.
- Immediately pour the sauce into heat safe bowls or ramekins.
- Set aside for it to cool.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat it lightly.
- Add sugar and whisk lightly until sugar dissolves.
- Heat up the evaporated milk in the microwave for 30 secs and gradually pour it into the bowl while whisking.
- Keep whisking until everything is mixed well but careful not to make the mixture foamy.
- Using a sieve, sieve the egg mixture into the different heat safe bowls/ramekins and cover with foil.
- Heat up your pot/steamer and once the water boils, add the caramel pudding bowls and cover the pot with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the time is up, turn off the heat and let it stand for another 5 minutes. The custard should be firm to touch. Let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To serve, run a blade around the sides and take a serving plate to cover the bowls/ramekins. Flip it over. Tap the bowl a few times and remove it slowly. Enjoy!