This easy crispy Bang Bang Shrimp tossed in delicious creamy spicy sauce makes the perfect appetizer! So delicious on its own, eaten with tacos, or with rice and roasted seaweed!
*Hey Siri, play BTS’ Bang Bang Con The Live playlist on Spotify*
Now that we’ve set the mood, let’s dive right in to making some mouthwatering Bang Bang Shrimp. It’s a dish that was popularized by the restaurant Bonefish Grill, which took the seafood appetizer world in the US by storm. I came across it a few years ago on social media, and have tweaked the recipe over the years to finally come up with my favorite version thus far.
Bang Bang Shrimp is shrimp that’s been marinated and breaded, then fried (pan fried in my case) and tossed in flavorful spicy creamy sauce. The combination of ingredients for this bang bang sauce includes Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil and mayo. I cannot express it properly to you how remarkably delicious the sauce is. Devastatingly luscious. *chefs kiss*
There are a few ways for you to serve the dish. My husband loves to eat it just as is because the crispy texture turns the shrimp into an amazing appetizer. Some times we eat it with rice, but it’s also quite popular to serve it in taco shells.
Lately though I’ve been enjoying folding the shrimp between seaweed sheets to make some awesome mini seaweed shrimp tacos. 😛
Want more seafood recipes? I’ve got you:
- Malaysian Fried Butter Shrimp/Prawn
- Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp
- Miso Garlic Butter Salmon
- Crunchy Creamy Crab Croquette
Easy Tasty Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- plain bread crumbs
- green onions for garnish
- Make the spicy sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients.
- Season the cleaned and deveined shrimp with salt, sugar, paprika and chili powder.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes before breaking an egg into the same bowl and adding flour. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs to a plate or bowl and coat the shrimp evenly with the bread crumbs.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the surface and once add the shrimp once it's hot enough.
- Shallow fry for 2-4 minutes on each side or until it's golden brown.
- Let it rest on a paper towel for at least 5 minutes before coating it with the spicy sauce. Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!