These Eggless Crispy Fried Zucchini bites are simply irresistible! Sliced zucchinis dipped in seasoned batter and panko, then fried until golden perfection.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
I found myself with some zucchinis on hand while trying to clean out the fridge over the weekend, and thought it was the perfect time to make these fried zucchini bites! They’re so easy and effortless to make, with a rich and flavorful batter that’s absolutely delectable.
This batter recipe is quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to prepare crispy snack bites. Just like how I used it for this Fried King Oyster Mushroom Bites that so many of you love!
Crispy Zucchini Bites
The steps to making these crispy morsels are pretty simple: cut a zucchini into slices of equal thickness, dredge them in the seasoned batter, coat them in some panko, then fry until it turns golden brown.
And voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious snack plate that’s also great as an appetizer. It’s also vegan-friendly! The only thing that needs to be substituted is in the sauce. Just swap the mayonnaise with some vegan mayonnaise, and you’re good!
Notes for Eggless Crispy Fried Zucchini (Vegan)
- Batter consistency – The consistency of the batter should be in between a pasty and watery consistency. Adjust with more flour or more water to reach that consistency, 1/2 tbsp at a time.
- Deep fry or Air fry options – You can deep fry, or for a healthier version, air fry at 350°F for 10-15 minutes and flipping it halfway.
- Vegan friendly – This recipe is vegan friendly. Just swap the mayonnaise for the sauce with vegan mayonnaise or serve with your sauce of choice.
- Sauce – The sauce is the same as the special sauce used in my In-N-Out Animal Fries Copycat recipe.
Here are some other vegan friendly recipes:
- Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger (Vegan-friendly)
- Savory Ramen Pancake (Eggless & Vegan-Friendly)
- 20-Minutes Spicy Creamy Miso Ramen (Vegan)
- Creamy Tom Yum Noodle Soup
Eggless Crispy Fried Zucchini (Vegan)
- 1 zucchini sliced into equal thickness
- panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup and 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise/vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Slice the zucchini into equal thickness.
- Make the batter by combining all batter ingredients until there are no clumps (see notes).
- Add zucchinis in the batter and coat it, tapping off the excess.
- Next, coat it with panko crumbs.
- Heat up oil over medium heat in a frying pan and shallow fry the zucchinis for 1-3 minutes on each side or until the zucchinis are golden brown (see notes).
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Serve while hot with this sauce or sauce of your choice and enjoy!