Easy and delicious garlic chili oil noodles that you can make in less than 10 minutes! Spicy and flavorful.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
When in doubt on what to cook, noodles to the rescue! I also may have a slight obsession with garlic. And there’s nothing better than this recipe to combine those two ingredients. These garlic chili oil noodles are my go-to, and my husband loves it just the same.
So much so that I make them at least once a week! It’s so simple and easy to make that it only takes roughly 10 minutes.
This is perfect for any situation. Those lazy days where you just want to take it light and easy, or when your schedule’s packed and need to throw a quick meal together. I got you.
AROMATIC AND FLAVORFUL
This dish is inspired from the Chinese You Po Mian (Hot Oil Noodles) where you pour hot oil over noodles. In this recipe however, we pour hot oil into the garlic mixture, which is then added by the noodles.
This step is important as the hot oil coaxes the flavor out, giving that delicious ‘kick’ to the dish. Once everything is combined and mixed well, it becomes the perfect blend of flavors, and the aroma that arises is absolutely sinful.
The cilantro and splash of vinegar perfectly balances out the saltiness and garlic flavor, and tastes refreshing! You can also adjust the amount of garlic, chili flakes, and cilantro according to your preference.
Notes for Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- Type of noodles: I used wide hand-pulled fresh noodles that I got from my local Korean grocer. You can find fresh noodles at the refrigerated section. Otherwise, any other noodles will also work!
- Cilantro substitute: You can also substitute cilantro with parsley or basil.
More Quick Noodle Recipes
- Spicy Peanut Noodles (10 minutes)
- 10-minute Spicy Cheesy Udon
- Easy Chow Mein (10 Minutes)
- Chili Oil Miso Udon (15 minutes)
Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- In a bowl to serve, add the garlic, white part of the green onion, chili flakes and sugar.
- Heat up the neutral oil in a saucepan. Once it's really hot, carefully pour it over the garlic mixture and stir.
- To the bowl, add soy sauce and oyster sauce. Mix it well with the other mixture.
- Boil noodles. Once drained, add to the serving bowl on top of the chili oil mixture.
- Pour vinegar on top of the noodles and add cilantro and the remaining green onion.
- Mix well until every strand of noodle is coated with the chili oil. Serve and enjoy!