Japanese curry is a home cooking staple in Japan, with their most go-to dish being curry rice. Another curry dish that’s not as popular as curry rice, though just as delicious, is Curry Udon.
This noodle dish is a favorite of many! And psst…it’s a big hit with the kids as well! It has a creamy, slightly salty and flavorful sauce that pairs amazingly with udon.
An easy recipe that you wouldn’t want to miss out on. Enjoy!
Creamy Curry Udon
- 2 servings udon noodles
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 mushrooms (sliced)
- Green onion (for garnishing)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cubes Japanese curry
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (if substituting, use 1/2 cup of cooking cream + 1/4 cup water)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Boil udon noodles and drain
- Mince garlic and slice mushrooms.
- Add butter to pan on medium low heat. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add mushrooms and continue sautéing.
- Add evaporated milk/cooking cream. Once simmering, add curry cubes. Stir through until it melts.
- If sauce is too thick, add a splash of water.
- Add udon noodles and mix until every strand is coated in the sauce.
- Serve on a plate and top it off with parmesan. Optional: Add chilli flakes.
- Garnish with green onions. Best served immediately. Enjoy!