10-minutes telur masak kicap or Malaysian-style soy sauce eggs. 🍳
This is one of my favorite comfort foods. I grew up eating this and still have it for lunch or dinner some times. It’s literally the easiest thing to make!
I’m not a big fan of my main course being on the sweeter side but this somehow just works. If you’ve never tried this, I hope you do and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised by this simple but hearty dish.
Malaysian-Style Soy Sauce Eggs (Telur Masak Kicap)
- Mix sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce and water in a bowl to make the sauce. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, the white part of the green onion and the chili peppers until fragrant.
- Make space in the middle and break the eggs directly into the pan to fry it.
- When the eggs are halfway cooked, pour in the sauce and let it simmer. Continue cooking the egg to your preferred liking.
- Serve with white rice. Enjoy!