Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl. An easy Hawaiian delicacy of salmon marinated with spicy mayo sauce, served on seasoned rice with a variety of greens.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Poke (pronounced as “poh-kay”) is a Hawaiian delicacy containing fresh ingredients that is easily customizable. Traditionally, it’s made up of fresh fish that’s sliced or cut into cubes, then seasoned with a simple marinade of soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Add on some rice and greens and you’ve turned this into a full meal!
Salmon Poke Bowl
If you have a major love for salmon like me, then this is the perfect poke bowl for you. It has a spicy, creamy, and savory flavor which is super easy to make with the holy trio — Japanese mayo, Sriracha, and soy sauce.
My favorite way is to serve it with seasoned rice and toppings like cucumber, seaweed salad, shallot, avocado, edamame and sesame seeds.
However, the best thing about it is how easily you can swap things out with your favorite greens or carbs. Feel free to take this in your own direction with different toppings!
Notes for Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl
- Toppings – You can add any toppings you want for the poke bowl. The ones listed above is what I use and my preference. Other topping suggestions: corn, tobiko, roasted seaweed, chia seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Carb substitutes – If you want a low carb option, swap the rice for brown rice, quinoa or even salad.
- Rice seasonings – I like the extra flavor of chili oil and furikake for my rice. These are optional.
Looking for other Salmon recipes? Here you go:
Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl
Spicy Salmon Poke
- 2 cups hot short grain rice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili oil optional
- 2 tbsp furikake optional
Poke Bowl (What I used but add what you like based on preference)
- 1 Persian cucumber diced
- seaweed salad
- 1/2 shallot sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup edamame peeled
- sesame seeds for garnish
Spicy salmon poke
- Add the diced salmon to a bowl and add the rest of the poke ingredients.
- Mix well and let it chill in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
- Add rice to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add half the rice to a bowl.
- Add all the other poke ingredients in sections, next to each other but leaving space in the middle.
- Add the spicy salmon poke in the middle and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Repeat the steps above for the second bowl and serve. Enjoy!