This easy 10-minute Viral Grated Egg Avocado Toast with Chili Oil is a great way to upgrade your avocado toast game. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snack time!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
This grated egg toast with avocado has been trending on Tiktok (posted by Sarah from “Healthyish”), and it’s not that hard to see why! It’s a simple recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients and takes roughly 10 minutes to prepare. It’s an absolutely great option for breakfast, especially for when you’re on the go. But I find myself gravitating towards making it for snack time as well.
Spicy, Fluffy, Creamy Egg Avocado Toast
Here’s my take on the viral recipe, though with just a few added twists. Instead of Sriracha (which was used in the original recipe), I substituted it with a bit of chili oil and a drizzle of honey for some sweetness. Together with the soft and fluffy grated egg, creamy avocado, and rich kewpie mayo, you’ll get a delectable toast.
I love how versatile it is too! Adjust the measurements for the ingredients according to your tastes, or elevate the toast by adding on your favorite toppings.
Notes for Viral Grated Egg Avocado Toast
- Cold egg – Chill the hard boiled eggs in the fridge for about 30 minutes before grating. If the egg is warm, it’s a bit harder to grate it.
- Bread – I love sourdough bread for this recipe, but you can definitely swap it with any bread of your choice.
- Grater – Use a microplane grater to get that fluffy texture.
- Topping options – I topped the toast with some green onions, but you can opt to leave it out. You can also add some grated cheese, sliced tomatoes, sliced sautéed mushrooms, chili flakes, or Sriracha sauce.
- Chili oil – I used my homemade chili oil to drizzle on the toast.
Here Are More Recipes With Bread
- Hong Kong Style French Toast (Sai Do Si)
- Homemade Parmesan Garlic Bread
- Chili Oil & Jam Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Sweet & Salty)
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Roll-Ups
Alternative spelling: chilli oil
Viral Grated Egg Avocado Toast
- sliced sourdough bread or bread of choice
- kewpie mayo
- hard boiled egg
- chili oil
- green onions
- Spread mayo on both sides of your sliced bread and toast it either on a frying pan or a toaster.
- Mash avocado and spread it on your toast.
- Drizzle a bit of chili oil and spread it on the toast.
- Drizzle a bit of honey then grate your egg on top.
- Drizzle more chili oil and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!