Here’s a fun twist to the normal tuna sandwiches – crispy tuna pockets! If you’re like me and you enjoy some good old crunch when you’re snacking, then you should definitely try this.
With my forever bestie, Mr. Air Fryer, frying things can’t get any easier. Dip the sealed sandwiches in the egg, coat it with panko crumbs, and simply pop them into the air fryer for 10 minutes at 380 F. Super easy!
Warning: These crispy tuna pockets are so appetizing that it’ll be gone in minutes.
Have a go at this crispy snack. 🙂
Crispy Tuna Pockets
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 shallot (minced)
- 3 fresh chili pepper (minced)
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayo
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 slices bread
- 1 egg (for crispier)
- Panko Crumbs (for crispier)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut off the crust of the slices of bread.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of tuna mayo mixture on one half of the bread and fold in half.
- With a fork, press down all the sides to seal it.
- Cook in air fryer for 10 minutes at 380 F.
- Do all the steps above until sealing the sides.
- Break and beat an egg in a seperate bowl. Pour panko crumbs on a plate for coating.
- Dip tuna pocket in egg and coat with panko crumbs.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 380 F, flipping it halfway through. Enjoy!