If there’s anything that I like as much as rice, it’s got to be pasta. Whether it’s in a thick creamy pasta sauce like carbonara or in a simple aglio olio, I will never say no to pasta. I pride myself in trying a lot of different dishes at restaurants but when there’s a selection of pasta on the menu, I will always go with pasta. Anyone else like me?
ASIAN FUSION WITH A KICK
Over the years and after a lot of experimenting in the kitchen with pasta recipes, I finally did it. I made the perfect pasta recipe that fuses the things I love and my asian side in one recipe. It’s buttery, rich in garlic flavor (which I love!), and has just enough of a spicy kick to it. It might not be the most traditional pasta recipe, but give it a chance. You will not be disappointed. 🙂
I’ve made a lot of pasta dishes the past few years and this is easily my husband’s favorite. This spicy garlic butter pasta is also super easy and foolproof. So if you’re new to cooking and would like to try out a different kind of pasta dish, definitely give this a go. You’ll have your guests lining up for seconds.
So it makes sense that this well loved recipe is next in my 5 Butter Based Recipes for 5 Days series (in celebration of BTS’ new single release Butter). I hope you enjoy it as much as we do in my house and let me know how it goes!
Adjust the amount of garlic used to your heart’s content. I personally believe there’s no such thing as too much garlic, so adjust it to your personal preference.
If you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can omit the chilli flakes/oil.
Spicy Butter Garlic Pasta
- 1/2 box pasta
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 green onion (minced)
- 1.5 tbsp butter (2 tbsp if using chilli flakes)
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes/chilli oil
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- Mince the garlic and green onion. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar to a bowl and mix well for the sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Add butter and chilli oil to pan on medium low heat.
- Once butter melts, add garlic and green onion. Save some green onions for garnishing. Add the chilli flakes as well if you didn't use chilli oil.
- Sauté everything in the pan for a few minutes until garlic is lightly golden. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the boiled pasta to the pan and the sauce.
- Mix everything well and add parmesan. If too dry, add a bit of the pasta water so that every strand of pasta is coated with the sauce and parmesan.
- Add green onions for garnishing and enjoy!