This Salmon Crab Stick Sushi Bake is a twist on the classic sushi, and is a fun dish to share with people!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
I LOVE sushi. It’s a delicacy that my husband and I cannot resist. We would get sushi platters for takeout as a treat when we stay at home because we enjoy it so much. But once I learned about the new trend of making sushi bake, I became obsessed.
It’s so good! This is definitely one of my favorite dishes to make with salmon. It’s also something different that you can bring to gatherings as a potluck dish.
Quick and Easy Sushi Bake
This sushi bake recipe is a fun twist that is quick and easy to assemble. It is essentially a deconstructed sushi that is layered and baked in an oven-safe pan. There are a variety of options on how you can make your sushi bake.
My take on this dish is to have salmon and crab sticks as the main ingredients. The spicy mayo sauce adds the perfect touch to make it creamy and savory.
Once baked, a serving option is to scoop some out of the pan and place it on top of roasted seaweed or nori sheets, making it like mini seaweed tacos. I highly recommend this because it is simply divine!
This sushi bake method is also beginner friendly as it’s a great alternative to the traditional sushi. It saves you time from having to roll them up individually using the sushi roller mat. Plus, mini seaweed tacos makes it kind of fun!
Notes for Salmon Crab Stick Sushi Bake
- Type of salmon: It’s perfectly fine to use farm-raised salmon since it will be baked. So you don’t need to opt for the sashimi-grade ones (though you are more than welcome to!).
- Type of rice: I also recommend using sushi rice, but you can substitute it with normal rice such as Jasmine if needed.
More Snack Recipes
- Korean Corn Cheese (15 minutes)
- Chicken Katsu Sandwich Sliders
- Easy Saucy Pull-Apart Pizza
- Chili Oil Tuna Melt
*Recipe and pictures updated on April 18th 2022.
Salmon Crab Stick Sushi Bake
- 1/2 lb salmon diced
- 5 crab sticks shredded/minced
- 4 tbsp mentaiko optional
- 1 green onion diced
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 4 tbsp Japanese mayo
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp Sriracha/chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked rice hot/warm
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp furikake
- 2 tbsp chili oil optional
- roasted seaweed
- jalapeños sliced
- Pre-heat the oven at 400 F.
- Dice the salmon. Shred and mince the crab sticks.
- Combine the ingredients in the sauce in a bowl. Add the salmon and crab sticks. Mix well.
- In a bowl, season the rice with the vinegar, salt, furikake and chili oil. Coat evenly.
- In an oven safe dish, add a layer of rice and a layer of the salmon mixture on top of it. Optional step: Set aside for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted seaweed, jalapeños and squeeze on more spicy mayo sauce. Best eaten with roasted seaweed. Enjoy!