Indulge on these irresistible Cheesy Air Fried Potato Wedges. Crispy and fluffy wedges drizzled with a mouthwatering creamy, cheesy sauce.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
When I think of KFC, it always brings up that nostalgic feeling you associate with your childhood memories. I link it back to the times when it was prepared for school class parties, when it was an easy choice for a quick bite to eat at the mall, or sometimes even as takeout during sleepovers. The star of KFC’s menu in Malaysia though is one thing in particular — the cheezy wedges.
We have wedges that are crispy on the outside with a fluffy center, and drowned in a classic creamy cheesy sauce that’s absolutely sinful. It’s pretty much the item that everyone would always fight for, so we had to make sure that there was enough to go around.
Air Fried Potato Wedges
This is my version of the delectable nibbles that’s so delicious, my husband and I finished it all within record time! And I love how quick and easy it is to prepare the wedges thanks to the trusty love of my life (other than my husband), the air fryer.
Notes for Cheesy Air Fried Potato Wedges
- For the cheese sauce, use a whisk to get a smoother sauce.
- Get the sauce to your desired thickness but please note: The sauce will thicken up significantly when it cools down. So while cooking and it thickens up a bit but still a little bit watery, turn off heat. If the sauce thickens up too much, just splash a little bit of milk and stir.
- Once the cheese sauce has cooled down and is thickened, you can “loosen” the sauce by heating it up.
Here are more recipes for you to try:
- In-N-Out Copycat Animal Style Fries
- Portobello ‘Shroom Burger
- Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger
- Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger (Vegan-friendly)
Cheesy Air Fried Potato Wedges
- 3 russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 slices American/cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 1 tsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes optional
Air Fried Potato Wedges
- Wash and scrub the russet potatoes and cut into wedges. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix the potato wedges dry seasoning with the oil.
- Add potatoes into the bowl and coat each wedge with the seasoned oil.
- Place potato wedges in an air fryer, leaving some space in between.
- Air fry at 400 F for 10 minutes and flip wedges over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and place on a serving plate.
- Heat up heavy whipping cream in a pot over medium heat.
- Add seasonings and cheese and keep stirring until the cheese melts.
- Keep stirring for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens up a little bit (see notes).
- Squeeze some kewpie mayo/plain mayo (optional) on the wedges and drizzle the cheese sauce all over. Enjoy!