Try these Crispy Air Fried Crab Stick Crackers for size. A classic snack that could almost always be seen during Chinese New Year festivities. All you need are some crab sticks, a bit of seasoning, and a few tablespoons of oil!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Growing up, every year during Lunar New Year there was one thing in particular that I would always look forward to when visiting friends during their open houses. I mean, besides meeting up with said lovely friends, of course. It’s none other than the delectable and addictive fried crab stick crackers! Once you start munching on them, let me tell you they’re pretty hard to put down.
Crispy Fried Crab Stick Snacks
Would you believe that these are so easy to make that it only requires a few ingredients! Some (imitation) crab sticks, a bit of seasoning and some oil, then into the air fryer it goes. With just 10 minutes in the air fryer, you’ll get some crispy, crunchy, savory crackers that will leave you wanting more. So make as many batches as you’d like and store them in air tight containers for easy snacking!
Crab Rangoon Twist
Elevate these crispy treats even more by dipping it in the sweet chili cheese ‘rangoon’-esque sauce for that familiar crab rangoon taste. When I was first tried it together with the dip my mind was blown. It’s so good! There’s nothing better than when you find a new way to enjoy this classic snack.
Notes for Crispy Air Fried Crab Stick Crackers
- Making big batches – If you’re looking to make a big batch of crackers, you don’t have to worry about overcrowding the air fryer and can cook as many as it will fit. Just ensure to shake/flip the crab sticks every few minutes to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Without seasoning – Since crab sticks are flavorful on its own, I’ve seen some people that opt to skip the seasonings before air frying. So you can try and experiment with that as well.
- It’s done! – You’ll know it’s done when the crab sticks have changed to a darker color and it’s crispy when touched.
Here are some other recipes with crab sticks for you to try out:
Crispy Air Fried Crabstick Crackers
- 10 imitation crab sticks thawed
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder optional
Sweet Chili Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- green onions for garnish
- Unfold the crab sticks and tear into your desired width and length.
- Mix the oil with the seasonings.
- Add the shredded crab sticks into an air fryer and air fry at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, shaking the tray every 3 minutes for even cooking (see notes).
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Serve with sweet chili cheese sauce and enjoy!