Here’s my take on the ever-popular Chow Mein, a stir-fried noodle dish that’s the go-to takeout choice from Chinese restaurants. This easy recipe consists of basically whatever I had in my fridge and it’s pretty simple to make!
This is an easy 10-minute noodle recipe that has minimum fuss but maximum flavor.
What I love about stir fry dishes is that it’s so versatile and you can customize it however you want! You can swap out the proteins or veggies and it will still be just as good.
Easy 10-Minutes Chow Mein
A simple and quick chow mein noodle recipe that you can make with whatever you have in the fridge!
- 2 servings chow mein noodles
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- choice of protein (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- A pinch of salt (if needed)
- Start by mixing the 2 soy sauces, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and water in a bowl then bowl and drain noodles.
- In a wok or medium sized pan, sauté the onion, white part of green onion and garlic.
- Add your choice of protein and sauté until it's cooked.
- Add the noodles and the sauce. Mix the noodles until well combined.
- Add the remaining green onion and salt if needed. Keep frying for another 2-3 minutes and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
*This is a quick no fuss recipe using whatever you have on hand. As for protein, I had sliced turkey breast in the fridge so I used that. Use whatever you have, the sky is the limit!
Did you try this recipe?I would love to know how it went! Please leave a rating, comment down below, or tag me on Instagram @FarahJEats.
Leave a Reply