I’ve been guilty of not sharing as much vegetable recipes, so it’s time to remedy that! This Bok Choy Mushroom With Oyster Sauce stir fry is a super quick and easy recipe that only takes 15 minutes to prepare and will be plated in a jiffy!
One of my go-to veggies that’s really versatile to cook with is Bok Choy, which is Chinese white cabbage. It normally comes in two sizes: regular or baby Bok Choy. But I usually go for the regular sized ones.
Bok Choy that is stir fried with oyster sauce and garlic oil is a favorite of many and a staple order in Chinese restaurants. What’s amazing is that it can easily be recreated at home! And I personally love to prepare the dish by pairing it with mushrooms.
Such a simple recipe, but it hits the spot every time. Especially when you eat it with white rice!
Looking for more Quick and Easy Recipes? I’ve got you:
- Kailan (Chinese Broccoli) With Easy Sauce
- Easy 15-Minutes Chicken Teriyaki (No Mirin and Sake)
- Easy Chow Mein (10 Minutes)
- Chili Oil Beef Stir Fry (10 minutes)
Easy Bok Choy Mushroom with Oyster Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 shiitake mushrooms or other types of mushroom
- 1 lb bok choy
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- sesame oil optional
- Cut off the bottom of the bok choy and rinse the bok choy. Slice the mushrooms and garlic.
- Optional step: Cut the stems and seperate them from the leafy part.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a wok/pan and once it's hot, sauté garlic over medium low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes before adding the stems.
- Stir fry for another 2 minutes before adding oyster sauce, water and sugar. Stir well for another minute.
- Add the leaves and stir fry for another 30 seconds and turn off heat.
- Serve with rice and drizzle sesame oil over the bok choy mushroom stir fry. Enjoy!