Well, well, well. Here I am, back again with another noodle recipe! But are we complaining though? Noodles are just the gift that keeps on giving. And this Spicy Peanut Noodles recipe is super quick and easy. Everything done in only 10 minutes!
The best part is that you don’t really have to cook anything! Well, aside from boiling the noodles that is. But other than that, you just need to mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and coat the noodles properly.
The sauce ingredients blend really well together, creating a deep savory flavor that will make you want to devour the noodles. And the spiciness from the chili oil is the cream on top, tying the entire dish together.
This is a Quick Meals recipe that you’ll definitely want in your arsenal.
*Recipe updated on March 29th, 2022.
Notes for Spicy Peanut Noodles
- I usually use my homemade chili oil for most recipes but for this one, I like using Lao Gan Ma’s chili oil with black bean. In my opinion, the black bean flavor really completes this dish.
- The amount of chili oil used should be up to preference.
- Traditionally, sesame paste/tahini is used instead of peanut butter. I prefer using peanut butter but you can replace it with sesame paste/tahini if you want.
- If you’re using chunky peanut butter, add another tablespoon for a creamier sauce. Adjust accordingly.
- The type of peanut butter used is up to preference. I used peanut butter with no added sugar. If your peanut butter is already sweet, omit/lessen the amount of sugar.
- Start with 2 tbsp of hot water, add more if needed and should depend on the type of peanut butter you use. You don’t want the sauce to be too watery.
Spicy Peanut Noodles
- 2 servings noodles
- 1 Persian cucumber julienned
- 2 tbsp peanut butter see notes
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp chili oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed/grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp hot/noodle water see notes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- crushed peanuts
- green onions
- Boil noodles until cooked and drain. Place it under cool running water for 30-60 seconds.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients listed for the sauce. Mix well.
- Add the noodles into the same bowl and cucumbers. Mix well until every strand of noodle is coated.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, more chili oil and green onions. Enjoy!