This One-Pot Baked Chicken and Veggies dish is an easy and healthy option that’s great for weekday meals. Juicy, tender chicken thighs with carrots and gai lan cooked in a delicious savory sauce!
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
This one-pot baked chicken and veggie dish is one that I fall back on during those mid-week slumps when I would drag myself to start prepping for dinner. Not only is it super easy to make, but you get a healthy dinner as well!
I absolutely love how it’s one of those dishes where you can throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand and adjust accordingly. Perfect for those times when you need to finish off whatever’s left in the fridge before your next grocery shopping trip!
After prepping the ingredients for 15-20 minutes, then leaving the chicken to marinate, you just need to pop this baby into the oven and now all you have to do is wait! You’ll get juicy, tender chicken thighs baked to golden perfection with carrots, gai lan, a bit of onion and garlic cloves.
This one-pot chicken dish is nourishing and flavorful, with minimal pots to wash at the end of the day!
NOTES FOR ONE-POT BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- Chicken – I like using chicken thighs as it’s juicy and tender after baking.
- Seasoning – For me, the sauce is enough to flavor the chicken. But an optional step is to lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Substitute veggies – Bok choy and potatoes are great add ons or substitutes for this dish.
- Garlic cloves – If you don’t like whole garlic cloves, feel free to slice it instead.
- Storage – Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate. It can last up to 3 days.
Looking for more chicken dishes? Here you go:
- Chinese Crispy Lemon Chicken
- Easy 15-Minutes Chicken Teriyaki (No Mirin and Sake)
- Malaysian Creamy Butter Chicken
- Spicy Honey Garlic Wings
Did you try out the recipe? Share and tag me on Instagram @farahjeats!
One Pot Easy Baked Chicken and Veggies
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 onion sliced thickly/quartered
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot peeled and cut to 1/4" thick slices
- 1 stalk gai lan stem and leaves separated and sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix the sauce ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Optional step: Lightly season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (see notes).
- Place chicken skin side up and veggies (except leafy part) in an oven safe dish and pour the sauce all over.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes and preheat oven at 400°F.
- Dice the butter and scatter it all over the marinated chicken and veggies.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes and carefully remove from the oven to add the leafy part.
- With a spoon, gently "tuck in" the leaves under the chicken and other veggies so it's partially covered to prevent burning.
- Cook for another 15 minutes and serve with rice and chicken au jus. Enjoy!