Welcome to Day 2 of Recipes With Chili Oil, where I use my own Homemade Chili Oil to make the simple and delicious Chili Oil Soft Tofu Eggs.
We’ve established that eggs and chili oil make a great pairing. But add on some soft tofu into the mix, and it takes the dish on to another level! The silky and tender texture of tofu with the spicy kick and cocooned by scrumptious eggs is simply mouth-watering. This soft tofu and egg omelette style dish is a super beginner friendly recipe that can be enjoyed by many!
Here are some other recipes with eggs that you might enjoy:
- Malaysian-Style Soy Sauce Eggs (Telur Masak Kicap)
- Japanese Egg Sandwich (Tamago Sando)
- Chili Oil Fried Eggs
- Kimchi Fried Rice
Chili Oil Soft Tofu Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1 block soft/silken tofu
- 6 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp chili oil
- 1 green onion (for garnish)
- In a bowl, crack 3 eggs, season with 1/4 tsp of salt and beat it.
- In a medium sized frying pan, pour in the egg and let it cook over medium heat.
- When the eggs are halfway cooked, add the block of tofu in the middle and the tomatoes around it.
- Gently slice the tofu into smaller cubes with a knife and spread it around leaving a small space around the edges. Be careful not to slice the eggs while you do this.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the tofu and eggs then add the chili oil all over.
- Cover and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!