These easy Chili Oil Soft Tofu Eggs are a great weeknight meal option, especially when paired with white rice! A simple recipe that only takes 20 minutes.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
Welcome to Day 2 of Recipes With Chili Oil, where I use my own Homemade Chili Oil to make the simple and delicious Chili Oil Soft Tofu Eggs.
We’ve established that eggs and chili oil make a great pairing. But add on some soft tofu into the mix, and it takes the dish on to another level! The silky and tender texture of tofu with the spicy kick and cocooned by scrumptious eggs is simply mouth-watering.
This soft tofu and egg omelette style dish is a super beginner friendly recipe that can be enjoyed by many!
Notes for Chili Oil Soft Tofu
- Chili oil: I used my homemade chili oil. But I recommend the one by Lao Gan Ma if you’re looking for a store bought option.
- Amount of heat: The amount of chili oil used should be up to preference.
Here are some other recipes with eggs that you might enjoy:
- Malaysian-Style Soy Sauce Eggs (Telur Masak Kicap)
- Japanese Egg Sandwich (Tamago Sando)
- Chili Oil Fried Eggs
- Kimchi Fried Rice
Follow me on Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest for more updates!
Chili Oil Soft Tofu Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1 block soft/silken tofu
- 6 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp chili oil
- 1 green onion (for garnish)
- In a bowl, crack 3 eggs, season with 1/4 tsp of salt and beat it.
- In a medium sized frying pan, pour in the egg and let it cook over medium heat.
- When the eggs are halfway cooked, add the block of tofu in the middle and the tomatoes around it.
- Gently slice the tofu into smaller cubes with a knife and spread it around leaving a small space around the edges. Be careful not to slice the eggs while you do this.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the tofu and eggs then add the chili oil all over.
- Cover and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
Leave a Reply