Easy crispy and buttery homemade parmesan garlic bread that’s a timeless classic.
*This post may contain affiliate links which helps bring you delicious recipes for free.
There is nothing better than a side of buttery garlic bread to complete your meal. Especially when it’s homemade, hot and fresh from the oven! The delicious aroma that overtakes your kitchen when these baddies are in the oven can definitely make one smile.
Using fresh roasted garlic is the way to go in my book, and I love it so much, I normally use up to 2 knobs of garlic for 1 small loaf of french bread! However, you can adjust the amount of garlic up to your preference.
My husband and I also love a bit of chili flakes with our garlic bread for a bit of heat, but it’s totally optional!
NOTES FOR HOMEMADE PARMESAN GARLIC BREAD
- Unsalted butter – I use unsalted butter for this recipe since I’m incorporating parmesan, which has that slightly salty and nutty flavor.
- Best served immediately – Garlic bread is best eaten when it’s fresh from the oven to enjoy that crispy, buttery bite.
- Making ahead and freezing – You can prep the garlic bread ahead and tightly wrap them in foil before storing in the freezer. It can last up to 3 months.
Here are more bread recipes for you to try:
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Roll-Ups
- Chili Oil Cheese Bread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Star Bread
- Hong Kong Style French Toast (Sai Do Si)
Homemade Parmesan Garlic Bread
- 2 knobs garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 knobs roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 loaf french bread small
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut 1/4 – 1/2 inch off the top of each of the garlic knobs.
- Place garlic knobs on foil (the side that has been cut on top) and drizzle the olive oil all over the garlic, focusing more on the exposed area.
- Cover the knobs completely with foil and bake for 45 minutes-50 minutes or until the garlic have browned and feel soft when pressed.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic into a bowl once it has cooled (see notes).
- Add all the other ingredients in the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Slice the french bread at a diagonal angle.
- Spread generous amount of the butter on each slice of bread.
- Bake in oven at 400 F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!